Thursday, April 26, 2007

A Hypocrite's Oath?

They say a man who says one thing and does another is a liar at best and a hypocrite at the worst.
Then we see that the man who knows what he should do and doesnt do it, is yellow in the belly and lilly livered.
Then with the same lips they say the christian that does not live as heshould is human...

I have been troubled many times in the past few weeks by this line of thinking.It simplifies things far too much and breeds resistance within me. To call myself a Christian then I must "do the right thing".

I must choose right without thought of consequence, make the right decision in the face of detriment and accept that my knowledge of who i am has already decided what i will do and how i will choose. To do otherwise...well that is not really an option for me..not for me

No comments: