Friday, July 13, 2007

Mr Depth

There are two things the world knows about me
I am not a racist
I am not shallow
So why are you smiling?
Are you a racist?
Are you shallow?
So why is it funny when i say it?

Look, I am color blind I make no distinction
The world is a shade of cream and it suits me fine
This we know and this i need not defend

But i am also not shallow
I am blind to physical features
I look to the heart
Pure personality is what interests me
Define pretty? define cute? or better yet hott?

In my eyes we are all simply plain
Rolling meadows of faces
No hills, or gullies or ravines
Just open grassland of unending plainess
This is how i see your face
This is how i view your body

So rest assured when you talk to me
its what beneath the surface that counts
That is why they call me Mr Depth
because in my mind you are plain and colourless..

1 comment:

Dayo said...

It is interesting to note that although you make several statements to the contrary, being color blind and deep etc, appearances are a recurring pattern in your musing.

Perhaps this a reflection of an inward conflict or unresolved episodes of self-doubt.